1. Select 8 #10 countersunk stainless steel screws or bolts (if you are through-bolting) to mount the Batt-LokTM (Note: make sure the screws are not too long for your application).
2. Determine the best location for the battery box, make sure that the battery cables will reach the desired location, and make sure you will be able to easily open the Batt-Lok after installation in order to perform routine maintenance on the battery.
3. Lay the battery box on the surface where it will be mounted and trace around it with a pencil (Note: make a final check of it's dimensions; it must not be more than 10.5" tall where the strap will be placed)
4. Using the traced outline of the battery box as a template, lay the pieces out in their proper positions, centering the two smaller pieces on the ends, and centering the longer pieces on the long sides of the battery box.
5. Mark all 8 holes for drilling, remove the 4 pieces, and drill 8 holes (Note: be sure not to drill the holes either too larger or too deep for the screws you have selected)
6. In order to prevent any possible leaks as you install the Batt-Lok, apply caulking or silicone sealer around each screw or bolt.
7. Place your battery inside battery box, lay the battery box inside the Batt-Lok, attach cables, install the battery box's cover, and lock.
8. Battery is now safe and SEACURE.
Note: While the Batt-Lok is sized to fit over 90% of battery boxes, yours may be the exception. Please perform a trial fit before beginning installation.
Thank you for your interest in the SEACURITY PRODUCTS Batt-Lok. Should you have any questions or comments, please write us at:
SEACURITY PRODUCTS, a division of HMDC
or Email: SEACUREUSA@aol.com